Monday, June 29, 2009

Baked Brown Rice

Until I found this recipe I never had a good method for cooking brown rice. Mine would either come out sticky or too watery. I thought I would be stuck cooking minute rice my whole life! I wanted to eat more healthy whole grains and when I found this recipe I was able to make a big improvement in that department. This is just too easy!

1-1/2 cups brown rice, medium or short grain
2-1/2 cups water
1 tablespoon butter unsalted
1 teaspoon kosher salt

Place the rice in an 8 inch square baking dish. Bring the water, butter, and salt just to a boil in a covered saucepan. Once the water boils, pour it over the rice. Stir to combine and cover the dish tightly with heavy duty tin foil. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 1 hour. After 1 hour, remove cover and fluff the rice with a fork. Serve immediately.

**NOTE** This rice would go well with the next recipe...slow cooker pepper steak!

No comments:

Post a Comment